Monday, January 14, 2019

Kids and the Joy of Art

I have been a blogger since 2009 when I lived on, and chronicled the West Coast of the Cape. So much happens in ten years! Here I am now greeting you from the Durban Berea two weeks short of my 75th birthday. After a fine arts career of many years, I am back at my first love, namely teaching. To tutor children and open the doors to the art world is the greatest fun. My only real worry....how short are those school years! Do we have enough time?
 
In this blog I will take you through our many different lessons, which you may use too.
 
In this first blog post, I will show you a lesson I gave shortly after moving into a retirement centre. I made an instant connection with my pupils and knew that teaching would be my work of choice!
 
In this blog I will take you through many of our lessons. From each session I felt that I have learnt so much from the children.
The pure joy of creativity!




All the pensive guys


Enthusiasm and talent!


The children received a canvas board, sheet music and a photo for inspiration. I loved the individuality of the work.
This five-year old girl recreated a photo of a bird perched on a delicate porcelain cup.

Great! I love the border too!
 

Such a good day's work! the ages of the students
are from 5 years old to 14.


Great texture!


A bird in the hand are worth two in the bush!
Very original! It looks so musical!

From the first class I found this serious
concentration and joy in their work












2 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, dit is pragtig om te sien wat jy doen, mooi so. Jou lesse is baie oorspronklik en ek hou van die dagboek idee, dit is goud werd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Luïse, ek waardeer jou opmerking. Ja, ek en die ouers kyk baie in die dagboeke, want dit sê so baie van 'n kind!

      Delete